Quentin Tarantino's Top Ten Films Of 2013(So Far)
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)
I'm sure the two movies that will jump out at most people are The Lone Ranger and Kick-Ass 2. I thought The Lone Ranger was a better movie than it was given credit for, but certainly not a top ten film. But, should we really be surprised that a genre film junkie like Tarantino would be drawn to these movies? If they were released in the mid-seventies aren't these exactly the kinds of movies that a young Tarantino would fall in love with? One thing you have to give QT credit for, even if you don't understand his choices, he is never afraid of calling it like he sees it.
What do you guys think? Does Tarantino have horrible taste? Do any of his choices make you reconsider your feelings for some of these films? Which of these films are your favorites? What movies would be on your list? Let your voices be heard in the comments below!